Colorado Supreme Court

Office of Attorney Regulation Counsel

Promoting Professionalism. Protecting the Public.

CiviCore Application FAQs

When creating my account I get the message, "Your NCBE number cannot be verified." What does this mean?

We have implemented NCBE number verification with our online application system. If the information in the following fields does not match exactly the information you provided to the National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE) you will not be able to create a profile in our application system:

  • NCBE Number
  • First Name
  • Middle Name
  • Last Name
  • Social Security Number
  • Date of Birth
  • Email Address

Pull up your NCBE profile and enter that information into our online application system so it will match and you can move forward with your application.

Where is the Message Center and how do I send a communication?

The Message Center is on your Candidate Home page below 'Application Status.' It may be necessary to scroll down the page to see it. Message titles appearing in red indicate a message that has been unread. To send a new message, click on the 'Create New Message' button.

My law school sent my Law School Graduation Certificate directly to you, so I was not able to upload it to my application. What should I do?

Some law schools will not provide the Certificate of Graduation directly to the applicant. If we receive your certificate directly from your law school, you do not need to upload a copy into your application.

What does it mean if my Law School Graduation Certificate indicates 'no file'?

If a document status indicates 'no file' it means the document has not been uploaded to your application. In most cases ‘no file’ means your application is incomplete. However, Certificates of law school graduation are often sent directly to our office by the issuing law school. Graduation certificates are not completed by the law school until after the date of graduation. The status of this document will be updated to show 'approved' when this document requirement has been completed.

I have to amend or supplement information I originally provided on my application. What should I do?

Complete an application amendment form (found on your candidate home page) and upload it to your application. You must complete a new amendment form every time you report a change to any information previously provided in your application.

Are supplemental documents subject to the application filing deadline?

Supplemental documentation (driving records, certificates of standing, marital documents, etc.) are not subject to the initial filing deadlines and may be submitted at a later date without penalty. However, they are required for completion of your background investigation. Any delay in submission of these documents may result in a delay in your admission to practice law.

What must I submit to be cleared to sit for the bar exam?

The following documents with an “Approved” status are required in order to sit for the bar exam:

  • Authorization and Release
  • Statement of Verification
  • Fingerprint Requirement Form
  • Law School Graduation Certificate
  • Photo

You will be cleared to sit for the exam when all required documents have been submitted, reviewed and approved by staff. This may take several weeks following receipt. All exam applications will be reviewed for eligibility to sit for the exam prior to the date admission badges are issued.

How do I know if you received my application and or supplemental documents?

Once a particular document is received and reviewed by staff a status will be set in the “Required Documents” section of your application. The status is reflected in the Status column of this section. The statuses will change as each document is reviewed. Please allow ample time for reviewing and processing all documents. Once your application and documentation are reviewed, you will be notified if anything further is required.

Will my current employer be contacted?

Current employers are contacted in order to verify employment. It is required for On Motion and UBE Score Transfer applicants. If this is a concern, you may for your current employer ONLY, select the “Do Not Contact This Employer" option when completing the employment section of the application. Ultimately, the employer will be contacted, but the Office of Attorney Admissions strives to coordinate the timing of this contact with you.

What is the definition of a “locality” when listing references in the application?

The term "locality' generally refers to a state or geographic area within an approximate 300-mile radius. Most often, multiple cities can be consolidated into one locality.

How do I change my address?

Click on Profile, then Edit. From there you can update all of your current contact information.

< Back